Honestly, I find burgers incredibly annoying to make in my kitchen. I don't have a grill or a grill pan and the "community grill" outside scares me. I don't know what's been growing or whatnot on there.. Thus, I have to basically pan fry them and hope all goes well.
The name Spicy Montreal comes from my favorite little seasoning shaker. I'm a spicy food freak (I add Tabasco to everything..) so naturally, I would go for the mix with red pepper flakes. I also purchase the pre-made burger patties as well. I like that they're already weighed out for me. These generally come out to be about 1/3 of a pound each, roughly. Those make some mighty big, fine burgers. :-) Here's the burgers in progress.
I know, a little gruesome, but hey, whatever works right? Well, they ended up turning out awesome. I decided to add some tomato too. Now I'm really against slicing vegetables. It's probably because I don't know how to properly slice them, but anyways, I sliced up a tomato. I was super proud of my awesome slices...I mean, they're pretty. I even picked one up for Chris and was like "I made pretty slices!" See for yourself.
I also enjoy being very meticulous about stacking the toppings. I always add one condiment (mayo) to the top bun, and the other (either mustard or ketchup, depending on who the burger is for) on the bottom. I also make sure to spread it with a knife. I hate gloppy ketchup and mayo running every which way, but that current bite not having enough. I also prefer spinach over lettuce because I like the flavor. Spinach isn't evil, people! And it doesn't have to just be for salad! :-) Here's what the burgers looked like after I added cheese and my annoying stacking obsession.
Yummy! By the way, they're friggin' huge. I couldn't fit the whole thing in my mouth. (Awaiting the "That's what she said!" comment...) After cooking up some sweet potato fries, lunch was ready :-)
I think my next adventure will be some sort of taco flavored burger with salsa on top...Any ideas!?! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment